Role : Business Head – Restaurant
Experience Range : 6 – 8 years in the management operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area in Hospitality/F&B service Industry
Qualification : Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
Role Summary : We are looking for a Business Head who will function as the primary strategic business leader with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment. Verifies implementation of BHIVE’s restaurant brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations, increased profit and market share. The business head will hold the property leadership team accountable for strategy execution, and guide their individual professional development. The position ensures BHIVE sales engines are leveraged and initiates independent and proactive sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand. Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results. The position is actively involved in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers. Represents BHIVE brand values in all leadership actions.
Key Deliverables :
- Business Strategy Development
- Business Strategy Execution
- Sales and Marketing
- Talent Management and Organizational Capability
- Brand Champion
- Business Information Analysis
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Revenue Management
- Owner Relations
- Customer and Public Relations Management
- Manage F&B team and compliance
- Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Restaurant team
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Work within budgeted guidelines in relation to Food and Payroll
- Drive sales to maximize budgeted revenue
- Develop menus with other members of Food and Beverage team
- Accountable for monthly stock takes
- Incentivise team members to maximize sales and revenue
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Be environmentally aware
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Develop long and short range plans for the operation of the restaurant. Ensure the plans, once approved, are properly executed. Ensure operational standards are communicated, trained, and maintained
Key Competencies :
- Financially knowledgeable about typical hospitality ratios and KPI’s, capable of establishing pre-opening budgets and assisting the pre-opening teams to establish the operational financial planning and operational budget.
- Commercial knowledge for coordinating together with the corporate commercial team and the pre-opening team the formulation of restaurant launching campaigns and the business plan.
- Understand the positioning of the Brand, services provided and how customer needs can be met and be capable of closing business.
- Presentation skills for conducting kick-off meetings for Owner, GM orientation and brand orientation for pre-opening teams.
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or a Business Head for a chain of restaurants.
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge
- Previous work experience directly in pre opening a restaurant
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills (incl. Microsoft Excel in a business environment) and ability to learn new programs/systems quickly
- Excellent attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure and on deadline
- Guest Service: Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
- Leadership: Maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards and goals
- Makes choices or reaches conclusions by establishing objectives, gathering relevant information, identifying alternatives, setting criteria for the decision, and selecting the best option
- Planning and Organizing: Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period
- Familiarity with restaurant management softwares.
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills.
- General Manager experience in limited or full-service property.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and late nights.
- Property industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
How To Apply?
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as “ Application for the position of Business Head”